Note: you aren't logged in. If you log in, we'll keep a record of which problems you've solved.
Sally has five red cards numbered through and four blue cards numbered through . She stacks the cards so that the colors alternate and so that the number on each red card divides evenly into the number on each neighboring blue card. What is the sum of the numbers on the middle three cards?
This problem is copyrighted by the American Mathematics Competitions.
Instructions for entering answers:
- Reduce fractions to
lowest terms and enter in the form 7/9.
- Numbers involving pi should be written as 7pi or 7pi/3
- Square roots should be written as sqrt(3),
5sqrt(5), sqrt(3)/2, or 7sqrt(2)/3 as appropriate.
- Exponents should be entered in the form 10^10.
- If the problem is multiple choice, enter the appropriate
- Enter points with parentheses, like so: (4,5)
- Complex numbers should be entered in rectangular form
unless otherwise specified, like so: 3+4i. If there is no
real component, enter only the imaginary component (i.e. 2i,
For questions or comments, please email email@example.com.