Back to Logic page
Note: you aren't logged in. If you log in, we'll keep a record of which problems you've solved.
What is the maximum number of checkers that can be placed on a 9 by 9 checker board if no checker can be adjacent to any other? (Two checkers are allowed to be diagonal to one another, just not directly adjacent.)
Instructions for entering answers:
- Reduce fractions to
lowest terms and enter in the form 7/9.
- Numbers involving pi should be written as 7pi or 7pi/3
- Square roots should be written as sqrt(3),
5sqrt(5), sqrt(3)/2, or 7sqrt(2)/3 as appropriate.
- Exponents should be entered in the form 10^10.
- If the problem is multiple choice, enter the appropriate
- Enter points with parentheses, like so: (4,5)
- Complex numbers should be entered in rectangular form
unless otherwise specified, like so: 3+4i. If there is no
real component, enter only the imaginary component (i.e. 2i,
For questions or comments, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.